- Read the handout on the grid from Layout Essentials to learn about the use of grids in page design
- Using one of the forms we learned this week, make a winter-themed book, and be prepared to discuss the rationale behind your design decisions. Your book should be:
- Based on one of Kerouac’s “Winter” haiku (below)
- Designed using InDesign and around the grid
- Incorporate imagery and color
- Prep the materials you will need for our next class:
- 8 sheets of paper to be used in the pamphlet binding (all the same size). You may choose your own dimensions, but I recommend you do not cut sheets any smaller than 5×5. Be sure to consider grain
- 10 sheets of paper for your stick book. You may choose the size, but I do not advise anything smaller than 5×5 or larger than 8×9. Consider the grain.
- Cut 8 sheets of paper to 5″x4″, grain long.
Tools Required for Next Week
- bone folder
- x-acto knife
- a pad of heavy weight paper or card stock, at least 9×12 and 90-125lb.
- Two cars passing
on the freeway
— Husband and wife.
- The clouds are
following each other
- Snow in my shoe
- Kneedeep, teeth
to the blizzard
My cat gazing at me