Here you go…
1) Your blog post week should discuss a traditionally bound hard cover book.
2) Now that you’ve brainstormed and discussed your ideas for the midterm, you need to start working on the book. For next week, create at least one rough mock-up of the book with text and graphics.
3) Now that you’re working on your midterm, write a one-page progress report, explaining any changes to the plan, discoveries, etc., that you print and bring to class.
4) On the 1st, we will be binding the hardcover journals. For this, you will need:
- The text block you created on the Feb. 23rd
- Glue (Mod Podge or PVA)
- Decorative paper for the outside cover (at least 15″x14″)
- Paper to use for end pages
- Book board (Please PRE-CUT your board. You will need a front cover, back cover, and spine. The covers should be roughly 1/4″ wider on all sides than your interior pages–so, if you’re pages are 8.5×5.5, then your cover should be 9″x6″. The spine should be 1/4″ wide and as tall as your cover–extending the example from the last sentence, the spine would be 1/4″ x9″.)