Next week, we will be making hardcover stab bind books, which means you’ll need to bring these tools:
- Box cutter
- Mod Podge/PVA glue and sponge brush
- Cutting board
The books we’ll be making will be 11.5 x 9 inches in diameter, so you will need to bring the following materials:
- Two pieces of binder board — 11.5 x 9 inches each
- A stack of blank pages (30-50 or so) — 8.5 x 11 inches
- Four pieces of slightly heavier paper for the inside covers — all 8.5 x 11 inches
- Two pieces of decorative paper for the cover that are at least 13 x 11 inches each
- Twine, ribbon or wire for binding (I will have needles)
As I have mentioned, you may choose to use recycled board. If you can’t find board that’s 11.5 x 9 inches, get as close as you can and still make sure your other materials are the sizes listed. You may have to cut them down for a smaller book, but at least you won’t be left shortchanged, materialswise.
Please also bring your homework from this week, your interpretation of one of these book forms:
Write text for the book that you feel matches the form, and be prepared to discuss the choices you made. And, don’t forget your paragraph to discuss the process.
See you then!